His IV line was removed this morning, which is great because his skin was looking pretty bad. So he is living on formula alone. He's smiling again. :-) If everything goes well over the night, we will probably go home tomorrow pending daily doctor visits! It will take up to a month until his GI tract will be healed evidently.
Debby just picked up her laptop for the first time so I'm sure she'll start checking emails if you want to send her anything. Maybe she'll even blog herself.
My mother-in-law gave blood today. DZ and I can't for medical reasons but I wish I could. It's scary to think that the pint of blood he received might be contaminated. The more healthy people give, the less dangerous the supply is. Money and tech haven't figured out how to replace blood yet, so if you can - give blood.
Doctors and nurses always say that babies don't remember all this. You can't imagine the levels of pain and physical torture that he had to endure. I don't believe this didn't affect him. Sad but happy that he's better and we might be going home. don't want to jinx it.
No comments:
Post a Comment