Sunday, January 7, 2007

We're going to be okay.

We see the light at the end of the tunnel. We see ourselves leaving. It will take at least three more days of slowly increasing zz's fluid intake. He eats 1oz every four hours and needs to get to 5oz every four hours - then transfer to breast milk - all without puking or getting diarrhea. He's a little puffy with the fluids. (They are saying that he looks like me when he's puffy, which I'm not sure how to take. He's more Debby than me :-) )

I spent some time talking with 1y resident Sabrina about the diagnosis process. She convinced me that mistakes weren't made. I'll elaborate later. Here's mom sleeping with zz at 11:30pm. W 3.88Kg K3.2 (was 2.4), NA 137 (was 123) within normal ranges. Albumin 1.7 (normal low 2.5, Hematocrit 26.1% (normal low 28%) I'm going home from the hospital to sleep now.

1 comment:

The one they call the Rosa said...

Dear Little Z,

We think about you constantly and pray for you through your recovery!

To DZ & JZ,

We love you all!

Jason & Alicia D.